Allegro Speech Pathology services help adults and children with speech difficulties and language challenges to improve communication skills. Our qualified and experienced Speech Pathologists can also assist with conditions that affect muscles related to speech and swallowing and aid in the development of literacy skills such as reading, writing, and spelling.
We welcome patients of all ages who can benefit from speech therapies, including:
- children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder,
- children with developmental or neurological differences,
- children with learning disorders, such as dyslexia or dysgraphia,
- children and adults who have a stutter,
- people who have had a stroke or brain injury,
- people with degenerative conditions,
- people suffering from voice problems (e.g. breathlessness, hoarseness or pain when speaking), and
- people experiencing difficulty swallowing food or drink.
Our Speech Pathology and Therapy services help to improve a person’s verbal and non-verbal communication skills, including:
- speech sound difficulties (e.g. producing ‘dog’ as ‘do’, or ‘teeth’ as ‘teef’),
- understanding spoken language,
- expressing their needs and wants,
- sentence structure and grammar,
- developing literacy skills, such as reading, writing and spelling,
- increasing fluency (reducing a person’s stutter),
- improving confidence when speaking, and
- developing appropriate social skills.
Our Speech Pathologists operate from the Allegro Geraldton clinic and also travel throughout the Midwest region (including Dongara, Kalbarri, Northampton, Mullewa, Yalgoo, Eneabba, Mingenew, Three Springs and Carnamah) to undertake individual assessments, compile reports, deliver treatments, educate and train Therapy and Education Assistants.
The Allegro Team work in collaboration with medical professionals and specialists to deliver care plans and we are also a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) registered service provider.
You do not need a referral to see our Speech Pathologists.
Book an appointment today by calling 08 99 65 8180 or send us a message.