Cold Laser Therapy (LLLT)
Cold laser or LLLT ( Low Level Laser Therapy) is the application of red and near infra-red light over injury or lesions to improve wound and soft tissue healing, reduce inflammation and relieve pain- both acute and chronic. LLLT was first developed in 1967- medical research has shown its effectiveness since then.
LLLT is used to increase the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissues, resolve inflammation and relieve pain- analgesia.
LLLT is a painless treatment option with minimal side effects that can be applied frequently to obtain maximal effect. Allegro Physiotherapy are proud to be able to offer Thor Laser system which is currently the benchmark in Laser therapy in the world.
Cold Laser Therapy is used to treat the following conditions and more:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff tears of the shoulder
- Calcific Tendonitis of the Shoulder
- Acute and Chronic Lower Back and Neck Pain
- Myofascial Pain(eg. Fibromyalgia)
- Tennis Elbow/Golder’s Elbow
- Achilles Tendon Pain
- Ankle Sprains
- Hip Bursitis
- Facilitate Wound healing in diabetes and post surgery
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Jaw Pain or grinding/clicking and headache
Sessions depend on the condition and it is normal to have minimal side effects after treatment. The treatment is mainly pain free.